Evening at BEAR HIDE Wildlife
admire Brown Bears in Wild Transylvania duration: ~3h
- admire the great large carnivore of Carpathians
- observe wildlife in their natural habitat
- get very close, but without any fence
- chances to spot deer, wild boar, wolves or lynx
at 4:00pm or 5.00 pm – depending on the period of the year – actually depending on the sunset time – you will be advised on the exact starting time and availability after you have requested to book this trip
PRICE: 55€ / person –
minimum 2 pax, photo tax included; for one person 68€/person
or 38€/person with your own vehicle (part of the access road is forest road on gravel)
Available daily from Monday to Saturday, on request and with confirmation – we confirm most of the requests 🙂 .
Sunday is hardly available, but, if it is your only day in town, let us know to do our best for you.
- Services of a Forest Ranger to accompany you to the bear hide and back, also to protect you – the forest ranger might carry a gun for extreme situations;
- Visit at the wildlife observation hide for a few hours before dark.
- transport from town of Brasov to the wildlife observation hide and back. (you can also choose the option with your own transport)
between 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm – departure from Brasov, depending on time of the year & daylight
Itinerary Romanian Carpathians hosts ~60% (approx. 5,500 bears) of the Brown Bear population from Europe. We offer you the opportunity to see and admire the brown bears in their own habitat, from a specially designed observation hide deep in the Transylvanian forest.
The forest rangers will take you deep in the forest, on a gravel road, you will continue walking for a few hundred meters to the hide where you will wait quietly for wildlife. There are high chances (statistically more then 85% chances) to spot the Carpathian Brown Bear, sometimes a female with cobs, sometimes a larger male bear, but you can also spot the wildboar, roe deer and red dear, wolves, linx and even some game birds.
8:00 pm-10:00 pm – arrival in Brasov.
NOTE: we cannot guarantee 100% that you will be able to see any of the wildlife listed above. Do not forget the that wildlife have their own way of living, and we, humans, try to approach them as much as possible in their natural habitat. Taking part in this tour you agree that you do not claim any refund in case you will not spot any wildlife.
|Month||Chances to spot wildife at observation hides|
Chances to spot wildboar
|April||Small chances – beginning of the season|
|May||Good chances due to the mating season|
|June||Very high chances|
|July||Good chances – already wildberries in the forest|
|Very high chances|
End October has smaller chances, when it is colder
|November||Good chances on warmer period |
In early November enter hibernation
to maximize the chances of spotting the wildlife, it is highly recommended that you dress up in simple non-bright colors, and you do NOT use any perfume. Do not bring food with you and listen to the forest ranger’s indications regarding the visit.
- any meal;
- gratuities or gifts;
- for option with your own transport = Transport is with your own vehicle (part of access road is on offroad/gravel road; for one hide we also drive through a small river)
Note: You can also book the tour with your own transportation. Check the appropriate tour options.